Saving Money on Lip Gloss

If you use lip gloss often, it can get pricey to keep buying more. Try these ideas for saving money on lip gloss.

For an inexpensive lip gloss use a little petroleum jelly. Also works for treating dry lips.

By Guest (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Lip glosses with petroleum jelly will actually dry your lips out after it has worn off. Natural glosses with coco butter & aloe work great. Aveeno has a great lip treatment also.

By Ricki (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Don't do it!! Use Vitamin E gel caps and just pop a hole in them to release the juice. Slather your lips at night and in the morning they'll feel great.

I had gotten a good deal on some rather expensive lip gloss, but I found it was a bit to "waxy" for my purposes. So I took an old flat gloss container, and mixed the expensive stuff with some plain old petroleum jelly and it became the moisturizing lip stuff I prefer, and it will last and last and last.

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Top Comment

I save all the "used" lip gloss containers. When I have 5 or 6, I sit down with a pointed steel nail file and dig out what is left in the little cup and stuff it into an empty lip gloss tube.

It is possible to save a lot of money this way. After all, you pay for the whole contents of a tube. It just makes sense to use all of it.