Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

Lip gloss leaves a greasy stain if it gets on your clothing. This is a guide about cleaning lip gloss stains on clothing.

Does anyone know how to remove lipgloss (with wax) from colored cotton pants?

Lily from Cranbrook, BC

Answers

Best Answer

I left lipgloss in my school shirt, the bottom snapped open then it went all through my white school shirt:S

I used hair spray and it worked fine. My advice HAIRSPRAY
Oh and u should watch the movie:)

Best Answer

Mixing regular or diet Coke a cola with Tide usually does the trick for cotton, even with dried in stains :D

How do I get lip gloss out of Tencel/linen fabric?

Answers

I would try a mixture of two parts hydrogen peroxide and one part blue dawn. Apply and let sit awhile. Then wash.

Use dish soap scrub with a tooth brush and soak.Wash as usual.It will cut the grease.

Don't rub, but blot the area with warm water and mild dish soap, I use Dawn.

You will need the following materials:

Water
Ammonia
Small Bowl
Cotton Balls

Step 1
Pour a small amount of ammonia into your bowl. Dilute the ammonia with water. I use 2 parts ammonia to 1 part water.

Step 2
Dip your cotton ball into the bowl of ammonia/water and allow the excess to drip off. Dont squeeze the cotton ball because you want it wet.

Step 3
Working from the outside to the middle of the stain, start to dab the stain with the cotton ball. You should see the cotton ball change colors and absorb the lip gloss.

Step 4
Continue to repeat step two and three with a new cotton ball until you have removed the stain.

Step 5
Once the stain has been removed wash your item in your washing machine. Follow the directions on the label for washing this item.

I use diluted dish soap, wash, rinse, blot, dry

I got a lipgloss stain on my shirt. It's a bright red, so there's no hiding it. I pre-cleaned it, and washed it. It lightened up a bit, but it's still there. I don't know if this helps, but it's an Ulta pot of lip gloss. Thanks.

By Jes from Raleigh, NC

Answers

I would try pre-treating it with water and cascade with dawn powdered dishwasher detergent. Mix into a paste, let set for an hour or so and then wash. The only caution is if it is a dark color. Do a quick test on the inside hem to make sure it won't discolor. May want to even try Dawn liquid dish detergent by itself first, it really is a wonder product!

I put my white vest into a drier and didn't notice that there was a lip gloss in the pocket. Guess what, now I have it all over since the gloss broke from the heat leaving sort of grease looking stains all over. I saw the suggestions to iron through a paper towel, but since polyester can't take heat, I am afraid it's not a choice to get those stains out this way. It was my favorite white U.S. Polo vest :-( Anyone? I would appreciate any good advise.

By Rasa K.