Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes

This is a make up tip. You can purchase a little plastic container in the sample/travel section of your favorite grocery or drug store (cost about 99 cents) and then put the last bit of your lipstick in it with some Vaseline. Scoop out the last bit of lipstick from the tube and mix it with the Vaseline in the plastic container and boom! You have lip gloss in a favorite shade.

By kimchee from Scottsdale, AZ

More Solutions

To make chocolate gloss, use equal parts of shortening and Vaseline. Melt in your microwave using only short increments of time as not to overheat. Heat only until melted. You can also do this in a double boiler. Then stir in cocoa powder to taste.

My daughter is 5 years old and loves all of the sparkly and colorful lip glosses that come in cute cases with her favorite characters on them. The problem is that these glosses are terrible for her lips! They are very low quality and drying to her lips.

Mix all ingredients together and heat in the microwave until it begins to boil (usually 1-2 minutes). Stir well, mash the berries, and let stand 5 minutes. Strain the mixture to remove pieces of cranberry.

If you melt a chunk of lipstick (or two) and petroleum jelly you can make a really nice lip gloss that moisturizes your lips. Mallory D

This is a fun project for little girls to make.

jar of lipgloss

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

20 Questions

How do you make lip gloss out of Koolaid?

Answers

A quick search of the Internet found these recipes and instructions.

From Creative Kids at Home
www.creativekidsathome.com/.../activity_40.html

How to make Lip Gloss

Vegetable shortening, honey, unsweetened drink mix (eg. Kool-Aid), hot water

Use a small bowl to mix 1 tablespoon of the solid vegetable shortening and 1 teaspoon of honey. In a separate bowl, mix the drink mix and 1/4 teaspoon of hot water until it is dissolved. Stir in as much of the drink mix as possible. The actual amount will depend on the temperature of water. The more you can dissolve, the stronger the flavour will be.

You can choose the color and flavor of you lip gloss by the type of drink mix you use.

Add one drop of the water mixture to the shortening/honey base. Stir well. Repeat until you get the color/flavor combination you want. Pour into a clean container or old lip gloss pot.

Store in the refrigerator. Keeps for 3 days, but it tastes so good that you will use it up very fast!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From RAINBOW'S CYBER SERVICE UNIT
www.gssherry.com/gloss.htm

LIP GLOSS RECIPE

2 Tablespoons solid shortening (Crisco)
1 Tablespoon Kool-Aid drink mix (dry kind with sugar)

Mix the solid shortening together with the drink mix, microwave until mixture is melted, pour into a small container, and set in the regrigerator for 30-40 minutes.

Congratulation you have just made shiny lip gloss for just pennies on the dollar.

Hope this helps!

This recipe isn't made with Koolaid but sounded good:

Chocolate Lip Gloss

1 1/2 tsp cocoa butter
1/2 tsp. Coconut butter
1/8 tsp. Vitamin E oil
3 small chocolate chips

Use double boiler or microwave. Heat the cocoa butter, coconut butter, & Vitamin E oil until melted. Stir in the chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted and mixture well blended. Pour Mixture into a small decorative pot or holder. Cool 10 to 15 minutes Not to eat.

By Cathy Goodman (Guest Post)

I have used this recipe to make tinted and/or flavored lip balms/glosses. You can vary the ratios to your own preference.

1 teaspoon beeswax/parafin wax
1 teaspoon petroleum jelly
A few drops candy flavoring, presweetened kool-aid mix, or mint flavoring.

Heat each separately over the stove (med/low heat),
Combine wax and petroleum jelly, blend well, remove from heat and add flavor/coloring.
I also add a drop or 2 from a vitamin E capsule at a time.
After it cools check it for the right consistency. If it's too hard remelt and add more Pet. Jelly. Too runny, add more wax.
Do you have a lipstick that you can't use because it is too dark. You can add a few slivers of that lipstick to the hot mixture. This gives the lipbalm a soft tint.

I usually quadruple this recipe to make it worth the time.

The tiny gourmet jelly jars that come in gift baskets are great containers, so are the really tiny "Altoid tins"
Use care if doing this with kids - Petroleum jelly is flammable

By Nikki (Guest Post)

OMG! It worked so well. You rock! It's like awesome. And I had all the supplies. Other sites said I need beeswax, coco butter and other stuff. I thought it was called Homemade Lip Gloss. Not go out and buy everything Lip Gloss. Anyway, thanks soooooo much, my friend loved the set of lip glosses I gave her for her birthday.

By Lauren (Guest Post)

hiya! Another way to make ligloss is to recycle old lipsticks by mixing in with pet. jelly

By jeannie (Guest Post)

u take vaseline and then u take a colored lipstick or eyeshadow and put it in there.
i know a specific recipe.

u put the vaseline in a bowl.
then u put put the colored eyeshadow or lipstick in.
then u squeeze sum strawberry juice out and mix it. then use it! bye

By Megan (Guest Post)

Hey I am starting this club with my friend and I need ideas for stuff to sell~ any ideas?- thx megan

By Sammi (Guest Post)

Don't use the crisco shortening--it turns out very grainy. Try something like melting old lipstick, adding vitamin E, and add flavoring.

By Alyssa (Guest Post)

This recipe was so nice!! My friends loved the lipgloss I made. Good job people! Emily says hi!

I am making my own lip gloss. Some of the recipes on this site include honey as an ingredient. I'm allergic to honey so is there a substitute I can use? Or do I need it at all? Thanks.

By Brittany H from Pittsburgh, PA

Does anybody remember a recipe for lip stain made from Jello?

I read about it in a magazine somewhere and can't find the recipe.

I even emailed the Jello website, but haven't heard back from them.

Thanks!

smoochie from Houston, TX

Answers

By (Guest Post)

Yes. I saw that tip too. All you do is dip your finger in the jello & apply it to your lips & they will stain - it said cherry for red lips & watermelon for pink - I haven't tried it, but I thought it sounded interesting too.

I've seen that recipe before, too! I'm pretty sure that you melt vaseline and add the jello powder to get right color/consistency. You can store it in little pill dispensers or paint pots.

Does anyone have a recipe for a lip STAIN? Thank you!

Smoochie

How do you make semi permanent lip stain?

By chris from Cumming, GA

Is food coloring a good thing to use when trying to color lip gloss or should I use Kool-aid packets?

By luelue

Answer this Question

Yup you read it right. I'm going to show you how to make lipgloss out of crayons! It's really fun and easy, and it's interesting to try different crazy colors and see which is your favorite.

DIY Crayon Lipgloss - lipgloss on the back of her hand

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I like lip gloss from a certain store, but recently the prices there are huge, and the items are small. I thought it might be fun to try and make my own. Any recipes? I really appreciate it thanks.

I would like to know how to make lip gloss?

How do you make homemade lip gloss?

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips LipsJune 28, 2012
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Lip-Gloss-Recipes.html