Homemade Lip Gloss
This is a fun project for little girls to make.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- petroleum jelly (Vaseline)
- fruit coloring (cherry juice, orange juice, etc.)
- small container
- corn starch
- freezer (optional)
- Take a spoon full of petroleum jelly and pour it in a bowl.
- Then take 1 teaspoon of honey, and mix it in the petroleum jelly.
- Sprinkle in some corn starch as you're mixing the mixture, (the more corn starch, the thicker the petroleum mixture will be)!
- When you have done all that, you can drop in some fruit coloring or any type of fruit juice, it's your choice.
- For the container, you can use an old lip gloss container or a jar.
- You can put it in the freezer, the lip gloss would get more moisturized.
- Insure all containers are sterile by boiling them to prevent contamination of your lip loss.
- If you wish to dye this balm you can use a cosmetic coloring available from homemade body product supply stores. You can also use a small amount of store bought lipstick to tint the balm.
- Alternatively you can also use colored beeswax or candle dye as it is being used in such a small quantity it will not stain or harm your skin.
By Esther from MD
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!