Crafts, Recipes, Tips,
& Guides
Enter Contests
Share & Vote
Get Advice
Submit a

Repairing An Old Leather Couch

0 0EmailPrintFollow

What do you do with a 10 year old, leather couch that is starting to look wrinkly and cracking? Is there any product we should be using on our couch? Leather conditioner?




Recent Answers

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Cari C. (Guest Post)02/05/2009

I had a tiger (real Bengal) try to sharpen claws on leather arm of couch so there are puncture marks all over sofa. Help me!

By Leather Guy (Guest Post)01/25/2007

There is a larger bottle version of this professional grade leather cleaner and treatment. Its been getting very good feedback from customers...

By leather (Guest Post)06/09/2006

It really sounds like you just need a good leather cleaning and conditioning... Lexol or No Bull leather treatment may be all you need. You can find No Bull On ebay and lexol any horse and tack or auto parts store... Yes there are companies that may be in your area that can re color... However you might just need some service... Consider finding a leather cleaning company in your area... check out some links on this sight

To find out about leather types such as "pigmented" verses aniline check out this link

If your leather is aniline .... recoloring will change the feel....

By Ben Staerck09/15/2005

HI, this product here will re-instate the colour of your leather. Just pick the colour that best matches your leather

By alan button (Guest Post)03/03/2005

I restore and refinish leather in any colour you want
and as long as it is only the pigment and the finish that is cracking and the leather is of good quality
there is no reason why you cant have your sofa looking like new.There are no long term repair products on the market just quick fixes. If you would like to know more contact me at I have a company that specialises in leather restoration and the results and effects that can be achieved are incredible. I refinished a leather suite recently in a mother of pearl effect.

By (Guest Post)02/27/2005

There is a product you can get in the UK called RENAPUR. Its like an intensive moisuriser, that brings the colous back to the surface. Brilliant stuff. Haven't seen it around for a while but worth looking out for. good luck.

Answer This Question

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.