Repairing Wear on a Leather Couch

Category Sofas
Regular maintenance will help extend the life of upholstery covering your furniture. This guide is about repairing wear on a leather sofa.

What do you do with a 10 year old, leather couch that is starting to look wrinkly and cracking? Is there any product we should be using on our couch? Leather conditioner?

Thanks!

Answers

By (Guest Post)

There is a product you can get in the UK called RENAPUR. Its like an intensive moisuriser, that brings the colous back to the surface. Brilliant stuff. Haven't seen it around for a while but worth looking out for. good luck.

By alan button (Guest Post)

I restore and refinish leather in any colour you want. As long as it is only the pigment and the finish that is cracking and the leather is of good quality, there is no reason why you can't have your sofa looking like new.There are no long-term repair products on the market, just quick fixes. I have a company that specialises in leather restoration and the results and effects that can be achieved are incredible. I refinished a leather suite recently in a mother of pearl effect.

HI,

http://www.furn … co.uk/Grison.htm this product here will re-instate the colour of your leather. Just pick the colour that best matches your leather

By leather (Guest Post)

It really sounds like you just need a good leather cleaning and conditioning... Lexol or No Bull leather treatment may be all you need. You can find No Bull On ebay and lexol any horse and tack or auto parts store... Yes there are companies that may be in your area that can re color... However you might just need some service...

Consider finding a leather cleaning company in your area... check out some links on this sight http://www.mobi … therservice.com/

To find out about leather types such as "pigmented" verses aniline check out this link
http://www.mobi … eatherTypes.html

If your leather is aniline .... recoloring will change the feel....

By Leather Guy (Guest Post)

There is a larger bottle version of this professional grade leather cleaner and treatment. Its been getting very good feedback from customers...

http://mobilele … .com/NOBULL.html

By Cari C. (Guest Post)

I had a tiger (real Bengal) try to sharpen claws on leather arm of couch so there are puncture marks all over sofa. Help me!

Looking for a color paint for my leather couch that my dig licked off. Expresso brown. Where can I find this?

I attempted to send an email to alanbuttons@aol.com & received a message that the email is undeliverable. Is it possible that it was given as an incorrect email address? I have a red leather ottoman that needs restoration. Can you help me?

Thank you.

The feedback you responded to was posted in 2005. I'm afraid the person must no longer be using that old email address. I will delete the address so no future readers try to contact him.

Good luck finding someone to restore your furniture.

Can you get a wear mark out of a leather couch?

Pattie from Meridian, MS

Answers

By Guest100 (Guest Post)

I have had good luck with a little olive oil and a soft rag.

By (Guest Post)

We have two large dogs that are like family members---meaning they sit where we sit. I use CPR leather cleaner from Bed, Bath, and Beyond as a regular cleaner for my sofas.

It helps clean and brings back the luster to the sofas. One tube will do both sofas and a chair with ottman (completely) a minimum of two times (depends on how heavy you apply it).

My leather sofa is peeling. Is there any way to repair it?

By Dorothy Lucas from Fort Lauderdale

Answers

I don't think a real leather couch would peel. I think you have some sort of man made fabric. What is causing this? Wear? I doubt that there is anyway to repair this, sorry.