Use ConTact Paper For Patterns

If you're like me, you probably have a few patterns that you use over and over, til they fall apart. I solved the problem by using clear contact paper. Cut pattern apart. Place contact paper with backing side UP. Peel enough of backing off to place pattern piece on it. Carefully place pattern piece on contact paper. Can be either side up, sometimes I cover both sides, if it's a real favorite! Patterns will last a long time, and won't rip or wear out so fast.

By Craftynanny from Hartwick, NY

I've also transferred many of my sewing patterns onto interfacing. Just pin the patterns on the interfacing, cut them out and transfer all of the stitching lines and directions.

January 12, 2009 Flag

For any craft that has a "paper" pattern that has to be pinned/taped down (especially sewing patterns), transfer/cut them out onto contact paper. You can write on the side with the lines (arrows for the grain, etc.). They retain their shape and are durable.

By Pam from Elkhart, IN

Use ConTact Paper For Patterns

Awsome idea! Will definately try this. (01/10/2007)

By brdldy

Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Crafts SewingJanuary 12, 2009
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Painting Over Contact Paper
two rolls of Con-Tact Paper
Uses for Contact Paper
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases