Ideas For 10 Year Old's Golden Birthday

My daughter will be 10 years old on 10-10-10. I would like to plan a special party for her. I need suggestions for a great 10-10-10 party.

By Misty from Millen, GA

Sorry I don't have a party idea, short of a scavenger hunt, this is a extra special birthday. I would contact your local newspaper. Bet they would want to do a story on her with the 10-10-10, not many around with that day.

I think turning 10 on 10-10-10 is more like a platinum birthday! How special for her! When my husband turned 29 on the 29th, I got him things and decorated in increments of 29. He loves jelly bellies, so he got 2.9 pounds, 29 socks, I blew up 29 balloons (while 8 months pregnant), etc. I like the idea of a scavenger hunt, maybe tying in pictures or memories of her ten years (or past birthdays), perhaps with 10 places around the house (or the town) with 10 small gifts. Ten is such a great age to have a golden birthday, she'll be old enough to appreciate and remember it and still think it's fun.

My daughter's birthday is also 10/10/10, not golden (which would be totally cool!). We are doing a nail salon, 10 fingers, 10 toes, 10 girls, 10:00 party, chicken TENders. :) We also thought about sleeping in TENts if not to TENse for the momma.

My daughter will also be 10 on 10-10-10!! We are taking a group of girls to a hotel for an over night and I am looking for some fun games/ideas. They'll be busy swimming, and we'll have pizzas, but I have nothing else planned yet!

My son also turns 10 years old on 10-10-10. We planned a party at pizza hut with his 10 best friends, and we are having a karaoki party. We have judges and all. Very reasonable.

My son will also be 10 on 10-10-10. It's such a cool birthday! I just had to post bc i am so excited to see these. I love the tents idea. We are also planning 10 friends, but 10, 10 year old boys, eek! We are going to go to a japanese steakhouse for $6.95 A boy and that's not bad for dinner for 10. Then we may just have to tent it up in our backyard! Thanks for the suggestions! P.S. Bowling is 10 pins.

My youngest son also is celebrating his 10th birthday on 10-10-10! He thinks it's so awesome to have all the 10's for his birthday this year.

For our 10-10-10 family party on Sunday, we are putting a time capsule together to be sealed and opened in ten years, Everyone is gathering things that are special to them this year and the b-day boy.