Plans To Build a Loft With Storage

I need to make a loft with storage underneath it. Does anybody have any plans that would work to build one?

Ems from Correctionville, IA

Have you checked out IKEA? They have some amazing conversion ideas.

You can always build or buy bookcases and bolt them together with a piece of plywood on the top to hold the matress with a small rail to keep you form falling off. Underneath, depending on how tall you make it can hold bakets (or painted or wallpapered tomato boxes for storage )and still have room for a desk set or loveset. WEW did this for our daughter and she hated to give it up when we moved. When she was young the underneath side was a pretend area for her. It sure made a tiny bedroom have a lot of storage and uses. ]'

Goodluck

Depending on the size of your loft, have you seen those things that look like large metal "bunk beds" with no bed underneath, instead a queen sized bed in on the TOP with the space underneath for a DESK or a futon type of COUCH, they run about $200. You can find them at places like Big Lots, K-mart or Ikea. If it's for a Larger wooden one-floor loft, (like I want to build in my metal building tall-garage). I DID see one built on a DIY show one time. I'll look for the plans & the show it was on for you. I DO remember they used 4 x 4's on the corners & tongue & groove plywood for the floor with large bolts & washers. Like I said, I'll get back to you with more info.

One more thing watch the show on HGTV called "Small Spaces Big Style" it's on about twice a week & it seems EVERYONE on that show has some kind of loft they've built to make more space in their tiny homes. Lots of great ideas on that show. It's one of my top favorites!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hssbs/

Home and Garden Home Improvement BuildingMarch 30, 2008
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Shelving composed of multisized cubes and rectangles.
Building Storage Shelves
Investing Strategies Stock Market Ticker
Investing Strategies
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
🎄
🍂