Getting Rid of Spiders in the Garden

I have an infestation of "harvestman" spiders in my garden, I need help! They suck the juice out of the leaves of the plant. If I spray a hosta plant there will be at least 100 of them running on our deck. They are everywhere, in every plant.

By Vicki K. from Ontario, Canada

Ok! This is the third time I've tried to answer this question...Oy!

If you are referring to "Daddylonglegs" which are neither spiders, nor are they venomous, you are fortunate to have them. They would not be sucking juice from your plant leaves, as they will only ingest decaying vegetation. They will be eating other insects which are sucking your plant juices such as aphids, etc. Welcome them to your garden and tell them to "Get to work" on the other plant destroyers. Just my 2 cents worth.

Oops! I didn't sign my answer about the "Daddylonglegs".

hillsmom in SE PA, USA

I agree with Hillsmom, they would not be the ones injuring your plants. Most likely they're after whatever IS sucking your plants dry, and causing the damage. They cannot bite you, or otherwise cause you problems, so I would suggest leaving them, if you can.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 22, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
A spider trapped under a drinking glass.
Getting Rid of Spiders
Spider Hanging on web Outside
Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
🎉
🎄