Making a Marble Painted Paper Spider Web

Most kids are fascinated by insects and enjoy learning about them. Some may be more reluctant to get close, while others can't wait to. Spiders are technically considered to be arachnids and not insects, and students love to learn that too. I still include spiders in my spring insect theme, as well as during Halloween. One of the easiest and most fun activities I have students do is this marble painted web. They get to use items to paint with that they have probably never used before. That's always exciting! The webs look pretty great hanging up too!

Total Time: 15 minutes to make and a couple hours to dry

Yield: 1 web

• 1 black sheet of card stock or file folder for extra thickness
  • 1 pencil
  • 1-3 marbles
  • scissors
  • white finger paint
  • pie pan
  • white string, yarn, or dental floss (12-18 inches)
  • 1 plastic spider
  • 1 plastic insect
  • hot glue gun
  • Scotch tape

1. Trace the bottom of the pie pan onto black paper and cut it out.
  2. Lay the black circle inside the pie pan. Dip one marble into white paint and drop it on the black circle. Roll the marble around in the pan to create white lines.
  3. Advertisement

4. Keep dipping that one marble in white paint until your black circle looks like a web. You can also add 1-2 more marbles for heavier lines. Allow to dry.
  5. Fold the one end of the string, yarn, or floss by about four inches and tape it to the back of the web.
  6. Tie or hot glue the other end of the string to the plastic spider.
  7. Hot glue the other insect inside the web.
  8. Advertisement

9. If you are doing this in a classroom, you can hang the webs up with a cute caption. I used, "Look What Our Spiders Have Caught in Their Webs!"

Crafts Crafts For Kids EducationalAugust 13, 2020
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Marble-Painted-Paper-Spider-Web.html