Trouble Shooting a Euro-Pro Shark 1733 Sewing Machine

I have a Euro-Pro Shark 1733 sewing machine that I use in my quilt shop. I bought it 1 year ago and paid $300 for it. It worked great til a month ago. On Friday it worked and on Monday I turned it on and it had locked up. The hand wheel will not turn at all. I have brushed and removed any lint every day that I used it. I oiled it every week. I kept the case over it when I wasn't using it.

I have to do some major home repairs, so taking it to a repair shop is out of the question, there's just too many other repairs around the house ahead of this sewing machine, but I depend on it to make quilts to sell. Has anyone had a sewing machine lock up like this?

By Lyn from Grundy, VA

Lyn,try here:http://homeappliance.manualsonline. ... pro_sewing_machine_product_list.html

Hope it helps. My bottom thread still keeps bunching up. It's about ready to be thrown out the back door. :)

It sounds like there is knotted thread in your bobbin or bobbin case. Lint will do it too. I take a water color paint brush (a large one) and spray a little enddust on it and go over the inside of the bobbin case and holder and all around where lint gathers. You can ise a high intensity flash light to see if you have got it all. After that make sure your bobbin thread and top thread are set to match and you should be in business again.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 20, 2010
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Cover
Making a Sewing Machine Cover
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎉
🎄