Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Fleece Baby Blanket

1EmailPrintFollowSave
Fleece Baby Blanket

This is a fleece blanket made from 2 different patterns put together (right side out.) 1-1/2 yds each.

Cut all around edges 4-5 inches deep, 1-2 inches wide.

Tie together (I double tied this one)

By Alma

By dotty (Guest Post) 03/07/2005 Flag

how about some instructions?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Charlene (Guest Post) 03/08/2005 Flag

"Cut all around edges 4-5 inches deep,
1-2 inches wide.
Tie together."
(She double tied this one)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marla (Guest Post) 03/08/2005 Flag

I LOVE these and would like the instructions too.

Thanks

Marla

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Huggins 8 209 03/08/2005 Flag

I made 7 of these for Christmas a couple years ago and they are really pretty easy.
Layer your 2 pieces of fleece (right sides out) and cut a 4-5 inch square out of each corner. Then you go all the way around and make cuts the same depth as the squares you cut out, about 1-1 1/2 inches wide.
Go back around and tie the top and bottom together. And you are done!!
Just make sure you keep the ties in order or you might have a random "tail" sticking out when you are done.
They wash up beautifully in the washer and are so warm and cozy on a cold winter evening.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marla Ball 56 03/09/2005 Flag

Thanks so much for the instructions. I believe I just might try my hand at this over the upcoming weekend.

Marla

http://forgetmenotaromas.com - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marla Ball 56 03/13/2005 Flag

I'm gonna give this 1 a try. I bought me some "Sponge Bob" & "Yellow" fleece last night. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Marla

http://www.forgetmenotaromas.com - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 03/15/2005 Flag

This sounds so easy to make up and sooo pretty , so thanks for your pattern

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Ann (Guest Post) 03/19/2005 Flag

The directions for these blankets and many other fleece projects can be found at http://www.hancockfabrics.com .
They show you how to make pillows, scarves, purses and more

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Karen (Guest Post) 06/05/2005 Flag

Could I please have the complete instructions for the fleece baby blanket. I need the dimensions of size of blanket to fit a crib, how much to cut out of each corner, how long and wide the strips should be cut for the fringe along outside of blanket. Thanks. ASAP expecting Great Grand Daughter.... karlea5@netzero.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mara. (Guest Post) 02/04/2006 Flag

where can i find fabric how to make

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Amanda (Guest Post) 02/15/2007 Flag

I've made some of these and have a couple of tips:
(1) buy more fabric than you want the size of the blanket because after you cut in 5" on each side (you lose 10") your blanket is much smaller.
(2) cut in at least 5-6" on each cut and probably no more than 1" width. Also, always double knot them because you will find yourself going back to re-do what you've already done, especially when you wash it.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By texas girl (Guest Post) 12/27/2007 Flag

These blankets are perfect. I'm going to make one for my sister whose pregnant. Another idea is making a bigger one for yourself. I have one and it's so warm. You'll love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 12/27/2007 Flag

for insructions go here http://www.allkindsofbabystuff.com/no_sew_fleece_blankets.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandra (Guest Post) 05/20/2008 Flag

I made this tie fleece blanket today out of baby snoopy fleece fabric and a white velvety kind of fabric. I found the instructions online and it took a really short time to make - I´m really pleased with the results, looks cute.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janey123 (Guest Post) 08/01/2008 Flag

Very very cute. I was thinking of doing this too for a friend. I'm worried though about it going in the washing machine. Have you washed them before? Does it work okay?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 10/08/2009 Flag

Fleece washes really well. I have heard you shouldn't dry it with fabric softener, so therefore I don't use fabric softener on any of our fleece products.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment