Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Product that Reuses Remnants of Soap

Does anyone know of a product that re-uses remnants of soap. When it's ready to be thrown away, there is a device to put the slivers into, and suds up with water. I had seen one about 15 years ago when recycling was unheard of. Now, with children, and bills, every little bit we can save helps. If anyone has any information regarding a product like this, I'd be so thankful! It mounts beside a kitchen sink.

Thanks!
Traci from SC

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By barbara.wyr0206/29/2013

I have just found this on Ebay, it was exactly what I wanted and what you r asking for:
Soap Saver - Soap Mould - Brand New

By Noel Haroon06/17/2009

I would like to thank Carla, that is exactly the product I was searching for for about 15 years. My old one has been taped, glued and plastic bagged. I cannot wait for the new one. Again, thank you, thank you Carla

By Tom G. (Guest Post)02/22/2009

Years ago my friend's mom has a soap saver that was made of a medal mesh ball (as if two strainers were put face to face) on a wooden handle in which soap scraps were inserted. The Soap Saver Ball was swished through a basin of hot/warm water to create a sudsy soap bath used for washing dishes and small laundry items. Has anyone seen one of these?

By Yvonne (Guest Post)09/30/2008

Well, it is not so much about saving soap as for having a good, equilibrated peeling allover! Makes marvellous skin and the new one as mentioned on ebay don`t work. We, too, have this problem in Germany by the way. I looked on alibaba.com where you can find nearly everything on this earth. Maybe it is my english, maybe the good old ones that make not too many bubbles and scrub well, are not produced at all. In Germany we do have these things made from sisal ... but it is not as hygienic as the good old nylon.
So if you do have a hint how to call the soap saver in english ... go ahead:

Koteko "at" web de

By Mary (Guest Post)07/23/2008

I had a "soap saver" I loved and I've been looking for a new one online for years. It was made out of a sponge-type of material and had a pocket for the leftover soap. I've tried Lillian Vernon, Harriet Carter, and many google searches. If anyone knows where I can get one, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! hollygolitely63 AT hotmail.com

By Carla (Guest Post)03/09/2008

I found this blog in search of the same product. I realize the orig question was not recent, however,maybe this will help someone else. After HOURS of searching, (and ebay has none by the way) I finally found what you're looking for. I just placed my order. Home Trends sells 2 of these for less than $12 per order and here is the link:
http://www.shophometrends.com/search.asp?ss=soap

By Greg Staie (Guest Post)08/11/2007

Traci, I'm looking for another one. The one I own is called a Soap Saver and it doesn't say much other than it's distributed by PCC, Ocoee, Florida. Patent #4,928,857.
Hope this helps, I'm looking for more.
Greg
** gstaie @(at) dc .rr .com(remove spaces)

By missy (Guest Post)01/20/2007

I have been searching for several months now regarding the soap saver pump that has beads on the bottom and turns soap into liquid. I would like to know where I can purchase one.

By audrey. (Guest Post)01/09/2007

I used to have lots of leftover pieces of bar soap. I switched to a Pears glycerine soap. when the soap gets too thin, I just wet it and place it on top of the new bar, no more leftover soap pieces

By Judy11/19/2005

I just looked on e-bay, and they have the soap-savers you're looking for - ranging in price from .99 and up (plus postage, of course).

By Judy11/19/2005

You're looking for the old-time soap saver. There are some catalogs where you can still find it, or you can make one yourself. There are soap dishes that are in two pieces - one part being the grid. If you can pick up two of these (for about .50 in the thrift store), just use some twist ties to tie one side together, slip in the scraps, and then twist tie the other side. You can swish this in the soapy water. The old-fashioned ones had a handle, but that's not really necessary.

By connie-vt. (Guest Post)11/17/2005

I've had a "Soap Saver" for years. Got it from Harriet Carter's. It is a pump type container, put small pieces of soap and water in (it will turn to a soft liquid soap). There are large (about 1/4 inch) glass beads in the bottom to keep the pieces of soap that haven't turned liquid yet from clogging up the bottom of the pump. Add soap chips and water as needed and shake to stir. It a very handy and saving gaget.

By Brent Tamatea11/15/2005

collect slivers of soap into one of those pump type bottles and add water and leave a few days and it will turn into liquid soap.
if you thinking of creating suds for washing dishs when i was younger there used to be a device like a tea leaf holder but bigger that you put soap into and then you would shake in the water to creat bubbles.Why not make up the liquid soap and put a squirt in and adjatate the water to make suds.

By Mary (Guest Post)11/15/2005

You can also cut a little slice into a sponge and slide the sliver of soap into the slice.
Or, put all the slivers into a jar, add a bit of water and they'll "melt" into a nice liquid soap.

By Gisela Rust11/15/2005

I save the little bags that I buy garlic in and put my soap remnants in it. They are made out of nylon and I use that to scrub my feet with. It invigorates and helps my calluses.
Gisela from MO

By Holly [350]11/15/2005

I had one years ago. Not too impressed with it. Didn't suds much. An alternative choice is to firmly plop the used up bar on top of a new bar when it's wet. They'll stick together when they dry quite nicely.

By debbie from SC (Guest Post)11/15/2005

this is not an exact answer to your question, but have you thought about putting the leftover soap pieces together in the foot of a nylon stocking or knee-high and tying it off with a knot, and then tie the stocking to to faucet outdoors or hang from the shower caddy for use.