Tar on Microfiber

How do I get tar off my microfiber sofa?

By Angie

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

No matter what you do, when the tar dissolves', it's going to be a mess. That being said, Mineral Spririts or Mineral Oil will disolve the tar. I'd try the Spirits with a small toothbrush and try to keep the area of cleanup to a minimum.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

November 28, 2009 Flag

How do I get tar off of my microfiber group set? I am that one person who can't have a spot. Please help.

Mary

Answers:

Tar on Microfiber

It's been a long time since I had to get tar off of something, but I think I used lighter fluid. Use a paper towel, soak spot with the fluid "scrape", blot with the paper towel. Do it over and over. After it's all gone let evaporate, then clean the fluid with something that cuts grease. That will get the lighter fluid off. I would try a small spot of lighter fluid in a place hidden, to see if you can get it off this material. (08/19/2008)

By Chris

Tar on Microfiber

I would call a professional. It is worth the money. Anything you might try at home may damage the fabric. Professionals have the tools needed to really get the stain out. (08/20/2008)

By Tigertame4

Tar on Microfiber

Try cleaning it with teatree essential oil. Put a small amount of it on a clean cloth. Try on small area that is not seen, first just to make sure it does not harm the fabric. (08/26/2008)

By patsand31

Tar on Microfiber

I took the lighter fluid idea, but used gas on a tip of a cloth, and got the stain out. (10/30/2008)

By forgivin husbnd

August 15, 2008 Flag

My grandkids got small spots of tar on my new family room furniture. The furniture is covered in brick red microfiber fabric. Any suggestions on how I can get the tar removed? I am at wits end and appreciate any suggestions.

Liz from Phoenix

Answers:

Tar on Microfiber

Being close to the coast (Galveston, Texas), sometimes we get tar on our feet, swim suits, etc. The best thing I've found to take tar off is Avon's Skin So Soft. The original one. I know it sounds weird, but it works! You may have to wash your microfiber afterwards with mild detergent, but this should do the trick for you. (10/24/2007)

By Trish, Pearland, TX

Tar on Microfiber

I once took tar (not a little but a goodly amount) from freshly tarred street off my week old carpet, by using baby and/or talcum powder. I'd sprinkle, brush in, vac off, and repeat until it was gone. Came completely off even though it took a while. (10/24/2007)

By lavonneann

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 28, 2009
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 10:10:54 AM on 10.0.0.63 in 642 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.