Save Unused Ramen Seasoning Packets

I read your list of recipes for using ramen noodles, and I was quite disturbed to see that more than one reader had suggested that we "throw out" the seasoning packet when preparing her recipe. I want to tell readers not to throw them out!

Those packets can be used to season plain rice, used like bouillon to make broth when you are sick, made into a broth with water and thickened with corn starch or flour to make a quick gravy or stew base for left over meat (match packet flavor to meat flavor), etc.

These are not just "seasoning packets," they are broth without water! They are even good to put into a disaster kit or to carry along when survival camping, because they only need water and the salt and fat in them can help to nourish someone (maybe even a pet) until help comes.

By Elisha

I feel the same way, those packets come in handy lots of times for many things like you said. Store them in a plastic zip lock bag and they will keep for months.

Just be aware that the seasonings may contain MSG and many people are allergic to it or have other strong reactions to them. I love the noodles but the MSG gives me terrible migraines. I've heard of it affecting others this way so be aware if you are feeding this to others.

AMEN TO SAVING THE PACKETS....I USE THEM TO ADD EXTRA UMPH

TO MEATLOAF...MIX IN A PACKET WITH MEAT BEFORE PUTTING IN OVEN.

USE IN SPICING UP BEANS FROM SCRACTCH TOO.

CAN ADD SOME TO CREAM CHEESE/SOUR CREAM/YOGURT FOR DIPS & SPREADS.

:-)

Have you looked at the sodium content of those little seasoning packets?

Sorry, but I don't want brain cancer which seems to be what researchers are discovering about M S G, in those packets and in many OTHER foods, such as Swanson's Chicken Broth, and many of Campbell

Soups, and most Oriental frozen meals/rice bowls, etc. Now that the U.S. food inspection department has been declared to be "broken", and not capable of checking our foods anymore, it will be up to us to READ ALL INGREDIENTS and to BECOME AWARE OF WHAT KILLS or causes misery.

Even if our hearts and thinking aregood, we can keep up the ideas, just realizing that MSG is a NO-NO for humans.

Many folks don't have the foggiest clue that their headaches can be traced back to such food additives as this. Remember, also, that ONIONS, as delicious as they are, are in the OPIUM family and can cause severe headaches, as well.

Good job staying alert, ladies. Pass this info around to all family cooks and singles, and gather other info to watch out for. I have to remember not to live only according to my tastebuds, a practice which can really get me into health trouble, and even kill.

God bless you all, : )

i always buy the chicken flavor ones. my kids love chicken noodle soup so after i use the noodles for stir fry etc. i put about 1pint of water bring to the boil with the seasoning packet, add a handful of italian vermicelli which cooks in 2mins and i have CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP! toddlers cant manage the noodles for some reason so broken vermicelli works for my little ones.

Well after almost 30 yrs of msg Im doin just fine. YAY for saving the ramen seasoning. I use them to make a bundle of my homemade rice aroni left over broken spaghetti noodles and rice and a ramen season packet!

MOST people do not have a problem with the salt and MSG in the packets. However, if you have a person in your household with chronic kidney disease or someone at risk of developing it (diabetics), it's really not a good idea. Ditto for someone with high blood pressure. Agravating a health condition like high blood pressure or kidney disease can cause unnecessary expense, and that's not thrifty, either.

Use them if they won't cause you a problem, but don't create a problem where you don't need one. Just saying.

Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 24, 2007
Bay Leaves
Old Bay Seasoning Mix Recipes
Ramen Noodles Being Lifted by Chopsticks
Creative Ramen Recipes
Skin Care Products
Selling Unused Hair and Skin Care Products
🎉
🎄