Mildew On Clothing

My son has a favorite skateboarding shirt that has mildew around the neck and back. After skating he balled up the shirt and never told me. I washed it not knowing it had mildew stains. Is there any way to get these stain out now? He's leaving soon for California and wants to take this shirt. Thanks.

By Doris from Roanoke, VA

Just soak it in straight vinegar for a few hours then wash. Add the vinegar to the wash.

September 13, 2010 Flag

We have had a pair of jeans outside for a while, they have been rained on and everything, now they have mildew on them. I need to know how to get rid of it so that my husband can wear them again.

By jessiejess from Raliegh, NC

Answers:

Mildew On Clothing

Well there is an Oxiclean ad and coupon right under your posts that looks like it would do the trick :) (11/27/2009)

By Suntydt

November 26, 2009 Flag

I've gotten mildew on a football jersey, and a delicate pastel pink cardigan. How can I get it out without wrecking the fabric?

Kelly from Richland, MI

Answers:

Mildew On Clothing

I had a huge mildew problem on 3 article of clothes. I found a suggestion to boil them in Oxiclean and Clorox 2. I have boiled them for about 2 hours now and 2 out of the three are clean. The other, which was the worst, is just about clean, just one very light patch left. I am so excited, and thank you to the person who left that suggestion. (03/31/2009)

By moreau4

September 18, 2008 Flag

One of my daughter's shirts got mildew on it from being put in the basket wet, and I was wondering how to remove this. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Answers:

Mildew On Clothing

It will more than likely not come out, I'm like a guru at clothes washing (Stay at home Mom)! Of Course if you scrub at a stain long and hard enough, anything will come out a little. But mildew on clothes is a hard thing to get out, it's basically like you dotted your clothes with black dye. Good Luck. I'd suggest throw it away, you will spend as much on cleaner than just buying a new one! (05/03/2007)

By Amanda

Mildew On Clothing

Oxyclean does work, I recommend it. (01/15/2008)

By bean face

Mildew On Clothing

I had mildew in a load of clothes that had been washed, but not dried, and had been sitting for a week. I put all purpose Antibacterial Windex in the washer and it removed it from all of the clothing. I then washed the clothes again in Wisk. (07/24/2008)

By LaNaye

April 14, 2005 Flag

I have mildew spots on a pale pink top - I would like to know if there is an effective way of removing this without taking the colour out of the top.

Thank you,
Jenny from New Zealand

Answers:
OxyClean 04/14/2005
I had the same problem when my baby spits up, the laundry may sit for days, then it had started to mold. I have used Oxy Clean, it works wonders. You will need to let it sit, possibly overnight, in an OxyClean mix with water. Then rinse with hot water.
By Julie (Guest Post)
Lemon Juice 04/14/2005
Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the fabric and let it dry in the sun. Repeat if necessary.
By Joanne (Guest Post)
Oxyclean 01/08/2006
Use oxyclean with tide bleach and mix into a paste.
By Shyloh. (Guest Post)

A cardboard box full of stored clothing.
Removing Mildew Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 13, 2010
Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Blue Suede Shoes
Removing Mildew on Suede
🎉
🎄