Uses For Soldering Cylinder

We use these cylinders at work, to hold on our solder. Can anyone think of an idea for these? I get these for free and I just don't have a clue.

Thanks for your time.

Chris from Buffalo, NY

Solder Cylinder

Oh about a lamp? Does the hole go all the way through? Can you paint it? How big is it? You could make a table leg from it.

They could be shelving supports, anchored in place with screws, the same way people make plank-and-brick shelves. Stick them under your bed, because a great idea (better than mine) will come to you. Enough of them could be a trellis for a vine in the garden.

How about making candle holders for center pieces for a thrifty gift? Paint with spray paints for plastic. Add greenery, flowers, pine cones, plastic fruits, whatever you want. Dress up with ribbons and a bow.

I have something similar we HAD been throwing away at my work. I now collect all of them I can get ahold of and when I get at least 30 or 40 of them, send them to my children's school and daycare. The kids have made them into: a little vase with pipe cleaner flower for Mother's day, glued glitter to it and added a hook for Christmas ornaments, etc. Sounds a little silly, but schools and daycares LOVE for someone to GIVE them somehthing like this! Encourages creativity in the kids. My kids love doing this!

Can't tell how long the spool is, but how about attaching one end to the wall or several to a long board and then attaching the board to the wall. It could serve as a coat, scarf, hat holder or for umbrellas, dog leashes, etc. It looks like it would make a greater addition to a hall or in the garage.

If you get water in your basement, you could use them as risers. Put 4 or 6 of them under your washer, dryer, chairs, whatever you need to keep safe from the water. Might also work for ribbon, etc. storage.

You might use them to wind yarn left overs that always seem to get messy. Rubber bands could be put on them too.

Yes, try these ideas...

1. give them to your kitty or kids as a toy

2. use them to wrap electrical cords to keep them flexible and long lasting.

3. make a rubber stamper by gluing on a cut out shape of your choice

3. make a game board - let the spools be obstacles for the ball to bounce around

4. fish agarauim toys as they will float and help protect baby fish from bigger fish

Have a good week.

If the hole goes all the way through, glue several together to make candlesticks. Be sure to glue a metal candle cup(any larger craft store will carry them) in the top of each to keep the candle away from the plastic and anchor it. Might make good toy wheels too if you could get a thick enough axel.

My first thought when I saw these was heck I could sure use some of those. LOL I make some jewelry and was thinking that those look like they would come in handy for wrapping some of my wires around.

Also you could run a string or a piece of jute through a couple and hang it from a door knob for your kitty cat to play with.

Someone else suggested giving them to a daycare. If you have kiddos the might also enjoy threading these onto string or some type of cord to make "jewelry". This also helps to improve their dexterity with their fingers.

Hope this helps.

Tonya

Crafts MiscellaneousSeptember 6, 2007
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Uses for Juicer Pulp
Uses for Juicer Pulp
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
🎄