Preventing Moisture Buildup When Storing Cheese

I stored some cut up cheese chunks in a vacuum sealed bag for a week. There were droplets of water inside the bag in a few places (minimal). Do you suggest I place a paper towel in with the cheese chunks to prevent mold from building up due to excessive humidity? How much paper?

Thanks, (...and thanks to Harlean for her help with other queries.)

Holly from Richardson, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have found the best way to store cheese to prevent moisture, is to wrap it first in good old fashioned wax paper, and then in foil. If the wax paper appears soft or damp, just replace it when you put it away again.

I wrap my cheese in wax paper before I freeze it or do anything else to it...seems to be working well for me...might be worth a try for you...deb

I keep my cheese in tupper ware (tight tops) and then either place a couple of pieces of cube sugar or a cap (about catsup bottle size) packed with brown sugar. replace when soft.

I have no trouble with mold with this method.

Storing Cheese
Storing Cheese
Food and Recipes StorageOctober 30, 2006
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Outdoor Flood Lights
Preventing Ice Buildup on Outdoor Flood Lights
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:41:55 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.