Advice For Stopping Spam

I have a problem that's driving me nuts. Lately I've been bombarded with annoying e-mails. Crackpot psychics are the least of it. Some are just plain filthy. I have set my "Junk e-mail options" on "high" and I put the senders and domains in the "blocked senders" file but this stuff keeps getting through! Why isn't it working and where did these e-mails come from all of a sudden? No one else has access to this computer. By the way, my computer's security system lets this filth in but often sends ThriftyFun to the junk e-mail file. Go figure. I'm no computer genius. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

peanuts from Virginia

I just found some information that might help you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2040832_file-complaint-spam.html

Have you registered for FREE stuff? Completing those forms often generates a LOT of SPAM

I use CA Security and NO SPAM gets through

google it. I think it runs about $30/year

also set up a free e-mail account (Yahoo for example) to give when you are required to give an e-mail address

this will keep you good e-mail free from clutter

Run a check for tracking cookies too and clear them out

I use Message Rule in Outlook Express Email. I set up individual files for messages to go into; i.e. personal, any particular email group I'm on, computer (newsletters), newsletters (general), Recipe group, etc. Click on Message Rules and see what the options there are for setting up your files. You must set up each folder.

Most of the stuff that comes to my Inbox is Spam; I can quickly look to see if all is SPAM then highlight an email and click Control A at the same time, which highlights all the emails in the Inbox then click delete.

Works great for me!

TIP: Occasionally a Message Rule clicks itself off with a red arrow and things that normally go to a folder will wind up in your Inbox. Just go back to Message Rule and correct it.

Time to just get a new email address.

Computers SpamSeptember 12, 2007
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
can of spam
Recipes Using Spam
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄