Highlighting Brown Hair With Lemon Juice

What is the best way to highlight brown hair with lemon juice but without it turning orange?

By Lindsay

Best Answer

I'd go out in the sun. I didn't find my hair turning orange. I think it's the commercial hair dyes that have this risk. Mine gradually got more blondish.

Hydrogen peroxide produces the orangish color. It's great for me, a potential redhead. Lemon juice just lightens blonde hair & going out in the sun will intensify the effect. But I have found it's best to put lightening agents on dirty hair so the effect isn't too drying & after shampoo make sure you condition your hair.

Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsJuly 8, 2011
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes