Highlighting Brown Hair With Lemon Juice

What is the best way to highlight brown hair with lemon juice but without it turning orange?

By Lindsay

Best Answer

I'd go out in the sun. I didn't find my hair turning orange. I think it's the commercial hair dyes that have this risk. Mine gradually got more blondish.

Hydrogen peroxide produces the orangish color. It's great for me, a potential redhead. Lemon juice just lightens blonde hair & going out in the sun will intensify the effect. But I have found it's best to put lightening agents on dirty hair so the effect isn't too drying & after shampoo make sure you condition your hair.