How Much To Charge For Cleaning & Doing Laundry

How much should I charge to clean & do 3 to 4 loads of laundry? I get $50.00 now. I sometimes work 6 to 7 hours on the home.

Helen

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I think it depends on where you live. I have one friend who charges around $10/hr to clean and another friend in another area who charges around $25/room or so but does a visit to the home to do an estimate before naming the price. If I were you I would call several home cleaners in your area and pretend you are getting estimates from them. That way you can see if you are getting a fair price.

Hi Helen,

I live in Sonona County, Calif. My neighbor cleans houses and she charges 15.00 per hr. She charges extra for laundry, windows and cleaning the fridge or stove. I hope this helps. She said she tells her clients that she is the cleaning person, not the maid.

I live in Florida and my mother was paying her cleaning woman $20 per hour. She only did basic cleaning, no deep cleaning or laundry.

I do what you do and its hard to tell exactly what your question is. You do the laundry at this home? Makes a difference. I bring mine home to do it's my septic/pump /wear & tear on my washer/dryer, and hauling, etc. So I charge what the laundry mat would ($1 a pound) but if you are doing it WHILE cleaning I just charge my usual hourly wage (I clean another place with washer/dryer. It's not harder than mopping/vacuuming, cleaning whirlpool tubs, etc..right?

I charge $10/per hour no matter what I am cleaning. I am in central Texas in a small town.

It really sounds low for 6-7 hrs. Call around to other housecleaners as tho you were interested in their services and see what the going rate is. Likely it will vary greatly. What is your time worth to YOU?

I clean every week for relatives and non-relatives. I also get $50 for 4-5 hrs of work. Therefore charge $10.00 an hour. You are working too many hours for that amount of money. May depend on where you live though. I am in Georgia. Good Luck . Lisa

At having your laundry picked up or you doing laundry for extra money is considered a good way to determine what the value of your time is. $1.50 lb or 10 a load.

It is not easy to put a value of your time especially when you are not being paid on a 9-5 basis.

If you are not sure about what to do with your extra time, we suggest you try starting a laundry pickup and drop off service. For details check out http://www.mylaundryonline.com

I average 20 an hour in KY but I charge by the house not the hour. I do not do laundry or windows unless paid extra.

I get $150.00 for cleaning a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with 4 loads of laundry. I also do the beds each cleaning.

I am the owner of a cleaning business in south Florida, we charge differently for deep cleans (anywhere from $200- $300 depending on the size of the home) and recurring cleans (anywhere from $105-$150). I used to charge by the hour, but people tend to add services on to what was originally agreed upon. I have made a Terms and Policies letter that I give to ALL my new clients and have them read and sign it...it states any and all charges for extra add on...not specifically what the charge is, but that there will be add charges for such things and all inside/outside windows, baseboards, laundry, etc.

I have found this to be very effective and keeps everyone on the same page! :) I'll even share it with you, so you can make one similar, if you'd like...just send me a request for it thru my website under the "Feedback" tab!! :)

Answer

Budget & Finance EmploymentSeptember 8, 2007
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Battery Won't Hold a Charge
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 6:33:47 AM on 10.0.1.53 in 901 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.