How Much To Charge For Cleaning & Doing Laundry

How much should I charge to clean & do 3 to 4 loads of laundry? I get $50.00 now. I sometimes work 6 to 7 hours on the home.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By tracey 16 102 09/09/2007

I think it depends on where you live. I have one friend who charges around $10/hr to clean and another friend in another area who charges around $25/room or so but does a visit to the home to do an estimate before naming the price. If I were you I would call several home cleaners in your area and pretend you are getting estimates from them. That way you can see if you are getting a fair price.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sherri (Guest Post) 09/11/2007

Hi Helen,

I live in Sonona County, Calif. My neighbor cleans houses and she charges 15.00 per hr. She charges extra for laundry, windows and cleaning the fridge or stove. I hope this helps. She said she tells her clients that she is the cleaning person, not the maid.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Diedradawn (Guest Post) 09/11/2007

I live in Florida and my mother was paying her cleaning woman $20 per hour. She only did basic cleaning, no deep cleaning or laundry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kate Madsen 2 11 09/12/2007

I do what you do and its hard to tell exactly what your question is. You do the laundry at this home? Makes a difference. I bring mine home to do it's my septic/pump /wear & tear on my washer/dryer, and hauling, etc. So I charge what the laundry mat would ($1 a pound) but if you are doing it WHILE cleaning I just charge my usual hourly wage (I clean another place with washer/dryer. It's not harder than mopping/vacuuming, cleaning whirlpool tubs, etc..right?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By suzi_homemaker01 (Guest Post) 09/13/2007

I charge $10/per hour no matter what I am cleaning. I am in central Texas in a small town.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 09/13/2007

It really sounds low for 6-7 hrs. Call around to other housecleaners as tho you were interested in their services and see what the going rate is. Likely it will vary greatly. What is your time worth to YOU?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lisa W (Guest Post) 11/08/2007

I clean every week for relatives and non-relatives. I also get $50 for 4-5 hrs of work. Therefore charge $10.00 an hour. You are working too many hours for that amount of money. May depend on where you live though. I am in Georgia. Good Luck . Lisa

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 01/18/2009

At having your laundry picked up or you doing laundry for extra money is considered a good way to determine what the value of your time is. $1.50 lb or 10 a load.

It is not easy to put a value of your time especially when you are not being paid on a 9-5 basis.

If you are not sure about what to do with your extra time, we suggest you try starting a laundry pickup and drop off service. For details check out http://www.mylaundryonline.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Angela Reeder 01/27/2013

I average 20 an hour in KY but I charge by the house not the hour. I do not do laundry or windows unless paid extra.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Stacy Gooding G. 10/28/2013

I get $150.00 for cleaning a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with 4 loads of laundry. I also do the beds each cleaning.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Ruth Borgstrom B. 1 10/02/2015

I am the owner of a cleaning business in south Florida, we charge differently for deep cleans (anywhere from $200- $300 depending on the size of the home) and recurring cleans (anywhere from $105-$150). I used to charge by the hour, but people tend to add services on to what was originally agreed upon. I have made a Terms and Policies letter that I give to ALL my new clients and have them read and sign it...it states any and all charges for extra add on...not specifically what the charge is, but that there will be add charges for such things and all inside/outside windows, baseboards, laundry, etc.
I have found this to be very effective and keeps everyone on the same page! :) I'll even share it with you, so you can make one similar, if you'd like...just send me a request for it thru my website under the "Feedback" tab!! :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No