Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

How Much To Charge For Cleaning & Doing Laundry

How much should I charge to clean & do 3 to 4 loads of laundry? I get $50.00 now. I sometimes work 6 to 7 hours on the home.

Helen

By

By Stacy Gooding G.10/28/2013

I get $150.00 for cleaning a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with 4 loads of laundry. I also do the beds each cleaning.

By Angela Reeder01/27/2013

I average 20 an hour in KY but I charge by the house not the hour. I do not do laundry or windows unless paid extra.

By (Guest Post)01/18/2009

At having your laundry picked up or you doing laundry for extra money is considered a good way to determine what the value of your time is. $1.50 lb or 10 a load.

It is not easy to put a value of your time especially when you are not being paid on a 9-5 basis.

If you are not sure about what to do with your extra time, we suggest you try starting a laundry pickup and drop off service. For details check out http://www.mylaundryonline.com

By Lisa W (Guest Post)11/08/2007

I clean every week for relatives and non-relatives. I also get $50 for 4-5 hrs of work. Therefore charge $10.00 an hour. You are working too many hours for that amount of money. May depend on where you live though. I am in Georgia. Good Luck . Lisa

By (Guest Post)09/13/2007

It really sounds low for 6-7 hrs. Call around to other housecleaners as tho you were interested in their services and see what the going rate is. Likely it will vary greatly. What is your time worth to YOU?

By suzi_homemaker01 (Guest Post)09/13/2007

I charge $10/per hour no matter what I am cleaning. I am in central Texas in a small town.

By Kate Madsen [1]09/12/2007

I do what you do and its hard to tell exactly what your question is. You do the laundry at this home? Makes a difference. I bring mine home to do it's my septic/pump /wear & tear on my washer/dryer, and hauling, etc. So I charge what the laundry mat would ($1 a pound) but if you are doing it WHILE cleaning I just charge my usual hourly wage (I clean another place with washer/dryer. It's not harder than mopping/vacuuming, cleaning whirlpool tubs, etc..right?

By Diedradawn (Guest Post)09/11/2007

I live in Florida and my mother was paying her cleaning woman $20 per hour. She only did basic cleaning, no deep cleaning or laundry.

By Sherri (Guest Post)09/11/2007

Hi Helen,

I live in Sonona County, Calif. My neighbor cleans houses and she charges 15.00 per hr. She charges extra for laundry, windows and cleaning the fridge or stove. I hope this helps. She said she tells her clients that she is the cleaning person, not the maid.

By tracey [15]09/09/2007

I think it depends on where you live. I have one friend who charges around $10/hr to clean and another friend in another area who charges around $25/room or so but does a visit to the home to do an estimate before naming the price. If I were you I would call several home cleaners in your area and pretend you are getting estimates from them. That way you can see if you are getting a fair price.