Fixing a Blow Up Pool

How can I repair a hole in my daugher's blow up pool? There is a hole about the size of a quarter in the top ring and we tried duct tape, it just comes right off. Any frugal ways to fix? Thank You in advance!

Janice from Illinois

You can buy tire patches at walmart that you can put over it, works fine and cost just 2-3 dollars. Ask for them where they sell the bikes at.

I would go to a pool store and buy a patch kit for pools and waterbeds. I know from experience how well it worked because by the time we got rid of our old waterbed, we had 19 patches. The patches always held, we just found new holes.

Karyn

I've found that "Gorilla" brand tape will stick very well to almost anything, compared to duct tape. I even used it to "weld" a neighbor's broken-off right rear-view mirror to his car's door frame.

I expect the pool would be in direct sunshine most of the daylight hours? Sunlight destroys everything, so the repair may have to be repeated.

Try an inner tube patch. We purchased one from Target for under $5 and it worked. This specific patch came with its own waterproof superglue. It also worked on our air mattress that had a tear in it.

Home and Garden Repair ToysJuly 14, 2008
Inflating Pool Toys
Inflating Pool Toys
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎄
🍂