Ideas for a Construction Themed Party

I am having a construction themed party. I am going to decorate the tables with the caution tape going down the middle with the mini hard hats filled with "pebble" jelly beans and gummy tool candy. Any suggestions on how to make fake dirt to sprinkle around the hats. I thought about crushed Oreo cookies but it seems kind of messy and sticky. I would prefer something other then food but I'm open to anything.

By Janet

You can either punch out circles, squares, ovals from grey/white paper, then crush them to look like gravel, or purchase some small gravel (for aquariums) to sprinkle around the hats you're putting together. Either way, it shouldn't be too expensive!

Save all your used coffee grounds and dry them thoroughly to use for your dirt.

Why not use real dirt (garden soil) for the dirt for your construction themed party? You could glue it to cut pieces of paper if you don't want to sprinkle it around.

Plain granola might work, or grape nuts cereal. Did this for my son's third b-day. He wanted a construction cone cake... histerically funny and hard work to build, but he loved it!

Dump Truck Cake
Construction Theme Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsJuly 27, 2011
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Dump Truck and Mountain Cake
Making a Dump Truck and Mountain Cake
Construction Business
Construction Business Name Ideas
Little boy dressed up as a construction worker.
Making a Construction Worker Costume