Construction Theme Party Ideas

Category Party Themes
Parties for all sorts of occasions may have unusual themes. This guide contains construction theme party ideas.

A new inexpensive toy dump truck is used to hold chips at this child's birthday party. It is his toy (gift) after the party too!

By Louella from Billings, MT

For my son's second birthday, we had a construction zone theme. We put a new toy plastic dumptruck on the table to fill with chips (until my son wanted to play with it!), the invitations were made with hard-hat die cuts, and the cake was a truck with donut wheels. It was made from two loaf pans and a half-sheet cake which were cut to shape, stacked and frosted. For a little extra height due to the size of the donuts, there are also two waffles in the white section under the truck body, and an extra piece of cardboard under the back to support the truck bed where it goes out over the back wheels. The wheels are held in place with toothpicks.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

This is a guide about making a dump truck and mountain cake. Your little truck enthusiast will be delighted with the birthday cake.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am having a construction themed party. I am going to decorate the tables with the caution tape going down the middle with the mini hard hats filled with "pebble" jelly beans and gummy tool candy. Any suggestions on how to make fake dirt to sprinkle around the hats. I thought about crushed Oreo cookies but it seems kind of messy and sticky. I would prefer something other then food but I'm open to anything.

By Janet

Answers

You can either punch out circles, squares, ovals from grey/white paper, then crush them to look like gravel, or purchase some small gravel (for aquariums) to sprinkle around the hats you're putting together. Either way, it shouldn't be too expensive!

Save all your used coffee grounds and dry them thoroughly to use for your dirt.

Why not use real dirt (garden soil) for the dirt for your construction themed party? You could glue it to cut pieces of paper if you don't want to sprinkle it around.

Plain granola might work, or grape nuts cereal. Did this for my son's third b-day. He wanted a construction cone cake... histerically funny and hard work to build, but he loved it!