Egg Carton Picnic Ant
This oversized ant is sure to cause a stir at your next outdoor picnic. Make them to use as table decorations.
- 2 Styrofoam egg shapes
- 1 Styrofoam ball shape
- black paint
- paint brush
- black pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- Locate 2 Styrofoam egg shapes and 1 Styrofoam ball shape. They sell these in different sizes in stores, so just try to get the same size around egg as the ball so they match up good.
- Paint the three Styrofoam pieces black and allow to dry.
- Using toothpicks or a wooden kabob skewer, attach the ant body by placing in order an egg shape, the ball in the middle, and an egg shape on the other end. Stick the toothpick or skewer through the Styrofoam shapes. If the skewer is too long, just cut to size.
- Cut 3 black pipe cleaners in half. Fold each in half and bend to resemble ant legs. Stick the loose ends into the Styrofoam. I put all three legs on each side in the middle ball, and angled them accordingly.
- Cut another black pipe cleaner in half and stick the two ends into the head of the ant to form antennas.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Enjoy your faux ants all spring and summer!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 10:59:18 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us