Using Terro Ant Bait

Category Ants
Using Terro Ant Bait
When you don't want to spray ant killer in your home, you can eliminate them with strategically placed Terro ant bait. This is a guide about using terro ant bait.

We had ants. They flew, they crawled, and they took over my kitchen. I tried everything I could think of, commercial sprays, home made solutions, and nothing worked. I store everything in jars, made sure no dirty dishes or food ever remained out, but yet they came.

An internet friend told me to try Terro Ant Killer. I checked it out online but thought it sounded too good to be true. While browsing in the store one day I ran across it and was surprised to find out it was only a little over $2.00 so I purchased some. I put little blobs of it on small squares of foil and sat it out for them. (If you buy this product please read the instructions, because once you put it out it will attract all the ants to it. They eat it, and take it back to the nest. Had I of not read the instructions I probably would of killed them while they were eating it.) But I did allow them to eat it, and it seemed thousands came. After eating their fill they went back to their nest to feed the others. Within two days, every ant was gone!

Source: http://www.terro.com/

We have a quarterly pest service to try to deal with our ant problem. We have both carpenter ants and odorous house ants. The outdoor spraying seems to keep the carpenter ants at bay, but the odorous house ants are a whole other story. We are opposed to spraying inside, so we have always relied on baiting to handle the indoor infestations when they occur. Our pest service will no longer allow us to only bait indoors under our contract, so we decided to try Terro bait.

Surprisingly it worked as quickly, if not faster than their bait. I purchased a package of 6 bait stations. The package recommends using all 6 bait stations if you have an active infestation. We had a long line of ants going from our backdoor to our guest bathroom, so I put one at the backdoor, one in the guest bathroom, and the other 4 along their path. Initially they seemed to actually be avoiding the bait, but within an hour or so they were swarming the bait and within 24 hours they were almost completely gone from our house!

For preventing future infestations, the package says to place bait near frequent entry points and change out the bait every 3 months. I highly recommend using this bait. It's easy to use and very effective, at least for odorous house ants. :)