Using Ant Bait

Category Ants
Once you have left the ant bait in the their path, it can take a few days to see results. This is a guide about using ant bait.

Ants! If this is Texas, you've got 'em. Well, they've moved indoors (got tired of being chased 'round the yard, I suppose). I purchased ant baits in little plastic squares and those pesky little bugs just detoured. Left the traps in place anyway. After a day, the ants must have decided it's just part of the landscape, because now they are entering and I hope, exiting with a mouthful of the bait.

Highly recommended, but out of stock, were bottles with a gel that you drip onto a piece of paper and park near the ant trail, so I bought the plastic squares. The moral of this story is: give it a chance.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Top Comment

You can use white vinegar mixed with water and spray it on the walls, counter tops, around baseboards, plug ins, anywhere you see them coming in. Just mix two parts white vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle. Do NOT wipe off, allow to air dry. Also it can be sprayed directly on the ants, too. Also if you keep all the trees, limbs, etc away from roof then they can't climb up the trees and onto the house.

I got this hint from an exterminator years ago and it works. I do NOT buy those "ant traps" because this is natural and frugal which is also much safer for the environment. I also live in Texas and have used this method for years and have NO ants in my home ever. Good luck, hope this helps you too.

When you don't want to spray ant killer in your home, you can eliminate them with strategically placed Terro ant bait. This is a guide about using terro ant bait.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If getting rid of ants in your home and garden is the desired outcome, making your own ant bait at home is easy and effective to do that. This guide contains homemade ant bait recipes.