ChinchillasPets

Can Salt Harm Chinchillas?

I have a dog, two rabbits and a chinchilla. The rabbits are in cages but my chinchilla runs about during the day. He goes back in his cage in the evening. Is it safe to use salt around the house for fleas? If not is there something else?

By dawno from Chicago, IL

I had a chinchilla and she ate everything she found so I think it's not safe to have salt around the house. I found a link where there's a lot of information about these beautiful creatures, it's here.

http://www.geoc  inchila.html#hou

Leave the salt on the carpet for 24 hours and then vacuum it up before you let the chinchilla back out. robyn