Jacks and Toy Tops to Discourage Digging

I was going through my stuff to be free-cycled and decided to give some things one more try. I found a green giant jack, a beautiful green colored one, the kind you buy in a pack at the dollar store, and two plastic spinning tops the kids don't like anymore. They both have little tops that have about an inch protruding from the top like a little stem.

We all know how much we hate jacks loose in the house, well I thought to myself, maybe these will make cats not want to dig in the garden or in my potted plants, and if it doesn't work then I can use them for something else. I have found it works in the potted plants and I am sure it will work in the garden, just so long as I don't forget they are there and step on them or mow them. That is where I suspect that mosquito netting might come in handy to put around the garden or any material that allows water through, It would discourage our little darlings from using this as their own "place."

I like finding new uses for things. I hate to see a good thing go to waste!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 19, 2010
CD Spinner Top
Making CD Spinners
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Recycled Summer Top
Recycled Summer Tops
fresh carrots with tops
Crispy Carrot Tops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 10:09:34 PM on in 877 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.