Splenda Doesn't Dissolve in Cold Water

Does anybody have any really good ideas on how to get Splenda to dissolve in cool to cold water? I have an awful time getting this done.

By Joan from Sioux Falls, SD

I don't use artificial sweeteners and don't know what you are making with the splenda (beverage?) but I would try dissolving the splenda in a small amount of warm to hot water first and then adding that to the rest of the cool water, or adding the splenda to warm/hot water and then letting it cool down or chill it. First method seems more doable to me. Good luck to you!

I have to agree with the other poster if you must use Splenda or another artificial sweetener Mix it with a small amount of hot/warm water and than add that to your product. Another suggestion would be use Agave nectar. It is low on the glycemic index. It will mix in hot, cold, or warm liquids. It tastes great, No after taste like those artificial sweetener's. It can be used in cooking or baking. You can find Agave Nectar in your health food store, Safeway, and Wal-Mart

During the summer I make a sugar water to put into our iced tea. I boil 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar until the sugar dissolves; can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks. Maybe you could try that with splenda.

Boil a small amount of water and add splenda. Just like making simple sugar. It works with splenda. Enjoy

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceFebruary 11, 2010
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Tips for Baking With Splenda
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding