Epsom Salts For Fabric Softener

If you are out of fabric softener, add 1 Tbsp. of Epsom salts to your rinse cycle to make your towels fluffy.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Never heard of that one but I put vinegar in the rinse cycle. Can't smell it after the clothes are dry and it sure helps with the static electricity. I'll give your tip a try.

I did not know that either. I use either liquid fabric softener or vinegar but do keep epsom salts on hand so may try it, especially if I'm out of the other two. That's good to know!

Vinegar is especially good for towels as they can lose their absorbency with repeated build up of softener. Vinegar is also a disinfectant.

Question? You mention towels...but can you use it for other clothes in the wash?

Generic Fabric Softener Bottles
Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 7, 2012
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Vinegar being poured into fabric softener compartment on a top load washer
Using Vinegar as a Fabric Softener
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser