Epsom Salts For Fabric Softener

If you are out of fabric softener, add 1 Tbsp. of Epsom salts to your rinse cycle to make your towels fluffy.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Never heard of that one but I put vinegar in the rinse cycle. Can't smell it after the clothes are dry and it sure helps with the static electricity. I'll give your tip a try.

I did not know that either. I use either liquid fabric softener or vinegar but do keep epsom salts on hand so may try it, especially if I'm out of the other two. That's good to know!

Vinegar is especially good for towels as they can lose their absorbency with repeated build up of softener. Vinegar is also a disinfectant.

Question? You mention towels...but can you use it for other clothes in the wash?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Generic Fabric Softener Bottles
Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 7, 2012
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 8:42:23 AM on 10.0.2.84 in 760 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.