Address Book for Internet Information

An inexpensive address book is a great place to pencil in passwords for various on-line accounts. "A" is for Amazon and American Express, etc. Using pencil will prolong the life of your book, which should be kept in a safe place!

By Trisha from Ventura, CA

My husband has done this since he had a computer. It is so helpful when we need to access sites that we don't visit often.

I use a composition notebook for this. I have a lot of sites like for recipes, crafts, chit chat and so forth. Even if I go to it a lot I still have it just in case, because computers are not perfect and I want to make sure I keep the sites

Since you were talking about an address book for passwords, I thought I would pass on an idea I just heard (new to me) from a friend. She has a number (I didn't ask how many digits, but I'm guessing it would be at least 4) that she uses in combination with whatever she's trying to access. She uses the same number for all passwords and it's not a number someone else would know about her, so not her zip code or her birthday. So, for her bank her password is her Bank's name + her number, for Amazon, it is Amazon + her number, for an airline it is Airline Name + her number. so Amazon123456 (whatever her number is), or USAir123456. You get the idea.

I keep hints to my login id and passwords in my regular address book (which is a spreadsheet), so for the eCard account I have in my address book; school email/2nd dog birthday as the hint.

Address Book on White Background
Other Uses for Address Books
Computers Internet TipsFebruary 25, 2010
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
A blank address book
Address Book Tips and Tricks
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill