Storing Bagels

Category Storage
You will want to use the best method for storing your left over bagels to keep them fresh. This is a guide about storing bagels.

What's the best way to store bagels? I am wondering if I should just keep the bagels on the counter in the original bag or should I perhaps keep in the refrigerator? I don't think I need to freeze them as we will probably use them up fast enough. I just wondered if they will go stale or moldy. They are the Thomas' brand.

Thanks,
Debbie from IL

Best Answer

Just store them on the counter or where ever you keep your bread. You can put them in the fridge if you want to, but I think it changes the texture of breads and I personally don't like it, but if you don't mind it, it will keep them longer. If you're not going to use them up in a few days, I'd freeze some to keep them fresh since they do mold.

Thanks for your post! Well I've since put them in the frig and I've thought they were fine like that but in the future I think I may have to freeze some and then just keep a few on the counter....I just think stuff like that goes bad pretty fast.

If they become hard, 5 seconds in the micro will soften 'em up, but you have to eat them fast as they will re-harden.

I've decided to give up on buying bagels ... the 12-pack at PJ's was tempting, but ended up losing too many to a horrible mold ... fact is there is no preservative and unless you want the pain of freezing and refrigerating it's been easier to give them up