Saving Money on Little Juice Bottles

After buying a 6 pack of bottled fruit juices, for my husband's lunches, I keep the bottles. I refill them with juices I buy in big bottles at a much cheaper price, than the 6 packs. These bottles of juice, (allow room at the top for expanding), I can put these in the freezer. So when I'm making his lunch, I can bring them from the freezer to his lunchbox. So when he goes for it, it might still be icy or thawed completely, but still ice cold. He looks forward to these as he never knows what juices I'll be refilling the bottles with.

By Terri from NV

I reuse gatoraide bottles or water bottles for the same purpose but i also put them in the dishwasher.

I do the same thing with water bottles but I've been told and have read about how these containers weren't meant to be used over again because of the plastic material contaminating the water or juice. I usually just the container a few times (washing it between uses) then toss it out. Of course I will continue to do-what is there that isn't "bad" for us anymore?

I do the same thing--homemade iced green tea is now my husband's favorite drink.

When my son was younger, I bought a few rubbermaid drinking bottles and refilled them continually throughout his school years. They were well worth the small amount I spent on them.

I like this idea of reusing the little juice bottles or water or whatever bottles....but how would I find out if the bottle is safe to be used over and over again? I have heard the same thing that the plastic will contiminate the beverage you refill with but have wondered if that's true? Perhaps someone will know the answer and be kind enough to post. Thanks!

Langer's juice makes a frozen orange juice concentrate in an 11oz screw cap plastic bottle. It is flexible to squeeze, but stands up to the freezing...especially the lid. And they were as cheap as the store brand, and great juice! I freeze one with water and use it in the insulated bags for lunches/snacks.

I have bought both a large and small re-usable water bottles for both of my children. Normally, they take the larger bottle to school with water and ice in it and the smaller bottle with juice for their lunch. I think this is better for them than having juice all the time.

I have heard about the possible contamination from plastic bottles, However, my outlook is that there is something wrong with everything. I would rather have them drink from a plastic bottle than drink soda every day. Additionally, we only use the water bottles for convenience. When we are at home we use glass cups or we re-use the glass mason jars that spaghetti sauce is packaged in.

A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 29, 2005
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers