Top Load Washer Does Not Drain or Spin

My Frigidaire top loader will not drain the water or spin after the wash or rinse cycle. What is the problem and how do I repair it?

By Terry from Cape, MO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When I had this problem in a washer, I had a broken water pump. You probably need to call in a service man.

How old is it? If it's 10 or more years old, it might be dead. Otherwise look on web for an 800 number for Frigidaire and find their do it yourself repair number and talk to someone. I used to have a GE washer and dryer, and occasionally had to fix it and got help via their parts/repair people. However we used the sets

each and every day, about 2-3 times per day, and after 10 years the set was toast. Went through 2 sets that way, but happy with them.

Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 6, 2010
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:33:38 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.