Top Load Washer Does Not Drain or Spin

My Frigidaire top loader will not drain the water or spin after the wash or rinse cycle. What is the problem and how do I repair it?

By Terry from Cape, MO

When I had this problem in a washer, I had a broken water pump. You probably need to call in a service man.

How old is it? If it's 10 or more years old, it might be dead. Otherwise look on web for an 800 number for Frigidaire and find their do it yourself repair number and talk to someone. I used to have a GE washer and dryer, and occasionally had to fix it and got help via their parts/repair people. However we used the sets

each and every day, about 2-3 times per day, and after 10 years the set was toast. Went through 2 sets that way, but happy with them.

Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 6, 2010
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle