Do You Need a License to Do Body Wraps?

Do you needed to be licensed to do body wraps and face scrubs? My friend owns a salon and she want me to do something with her spare room. I really don't want to go to school.

By raven200028 from Rochester, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It really depends on the state, but generally, if you are only doing body wraps, & you are not directly touching the body (skin) then no, you don't need a license. However, any direct contact with skin usually requires some sort of license which allows you to touch a person's body: massage, esthetician, cosmetology licenses, etc are sufficient.

I owned several body wrap salons for 4.5 years before but in the state of Texas. I had a friend in NJ who owned a salon who had to get a license. Hope that helps.

Yes, it depends on the state. Certain states require no licensing while others typically require you to have a license as a cosmetologist, massage therapist or aesthetician.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 4, 2009
Woman Renewing a Driver's License
Renewing a Driver's License
License Plates Decorating a Wall
Crafts Using License Plates
Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
Marriage License
Getting a Marriage License
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:23:21 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.