Caring For Dog's Ear Odor

How do I care for my dog's ear odor?

Linda

An odor indicates some kind of infection. Take it to a vet.

Talk to your vet to determine the cause. It could be bacterial or yeast or just icky ears.

Once you determine what's causing it, your vet can help you treat it and prevent the odor from recurring.

I agree; you should take him to a vet. Healthy ears shouldn't stink.

Your vet has a bottle of ear wash that you can get & keep on hand to clean their ears. Your dog probably has an ear infection & needs antibiotic drops to heal it but you use the ear wash too & periodically use it to keep infections from coming on. My beloved Jack Russell had ear infections & when I used the ear wash he did not have another one. Also, when you are bathing your dog do not get water in the ears. I never washed my dog's head, only from the neck down & then wiped his face with a doggy cloth you can buy at pet stores if needed. Please take it to the vet because your animal can go deaf if not treated.

Don't be quick to buy the ear wash from the vet! Its basically Listerine. For about $3-$4 you can get a large bottle at the drug store which will last years [in a cool dark place] Over the past 26+ years, I've used Listerine when the vet 'suggested' what they sell. Do take your dog to the vet first, and when told you need ear drops, ask to smell the bottle! I do this with every liquid medication/shampoo as I have severe allergies to 95% of the odors!

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 27, 2008
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎉
🎄