Microwave Mashed Potatoes

• 4 medium or 6-8 small potatoes
  • warm milk
  • butter
  • salt and pepper

Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. If using plastic wrap, poke a small hole in the wrap. Microwave on high for 8 minutes or until done. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.

Place potatoes in bowl and mash with potato masher. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste, mashing until desired consistency is reached.

Source: I have been very busy lately and haven't had time to peel. I have also been having problems making the mashed potatoes just right. I saw this on the back of my potatoes bag and love it. I've heard skins are good for you. You are supposed to use yellow fleshed or red ones. I get whatever is on sale and, if dirty, I rinse off in the sink and get rid of the eyes.

Hope you all enjoy.

By Barbara S. from Shoemakersville, PA

This sounds like a nifty idea! I've stopped using plastic in the microwave, but I can put them in a covered glass casserole dish instead (and it has a handle to lift the lid off!) This sounds simpler, and a lot faster than stovetop mashed potatoes.

Food and Recipes Recipes Potatoes Mashed PotatoesFebruary 26, 2009
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes