Cleaning a Satin Brocade Couch

I just want to ask this question one more time since I did not get any feedback the last time. What do I clean a white satin brocade couch with? Would Oxiclean be a good one to try? It is not dirty, it's just the spots I want to keep off. I hope someone has a good idea and hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday! Sincerely.

By Nikki from ID

It would depend on the what the fabric is made of. I would try a very gentle liquid soap and water dabbed on with a cloth. Try this in a spot that won't be seen. Use as little soap and especially water as possible. There are also upholstery cleaners out there, but you will have to look. The brocade will hide some spotting, but this may be a job for a professional. Are you just generally cleaning, or are there spots to be removed? The kind of spot would determine how to clean. And vacuum, vacuum, vacuum to keep the dust from the air from working into the fabric. Using a cover part of the time would prevent some problems. Good luck.

Personally I think oxiclean is a big hoax. I recomend a steam cleaning. You can use the upholstry attachment on the rug doctor if you don't have your own. With steam you won't have to use any chemicals.

Personally, I would have it cleaned by a professional upholstery cleaner and then have it Scotch Guarded. After it's Scotch Guarded you'll only need to wipe it gently with gentle soap and water.

Thank you all so much for the the feedback. I do keep it covered, but between thedogs and grandkids you know how long it stays on. Thanks again!

December 27, 2010 Flag

What do you clean a satin white brocade couch with? I keep it covered, but occasionally the grandkids or my dogs get the blankets moved and of course there goes a spot of something. If you have a suggestion, please let me know and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

By Nikki from ID

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 27, 2010
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Satin Baby Shoes
Cleaning and Preserving Satin Baby Shoes
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
🎉
🎄