Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Can I use lice killer on my dog to kill fleas?

By sassier299 from MI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I don't know for sure, but I bet it would! It also kills the lice eggs (or nits) too!

Yes, it does.

Answer

Will NIX (head lice shampoo) kill fleas?

Annmarie from Oneonta, NY

Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Nix does contain pyrethrins which have been proven to kill fleas, ticks and lice. But if you are trying to rid your dog or cat of fleas Nix seems like a costly choice. It can also be very caustic if left on too long. "Natural Chemistry" available at pet stores is a natural flea killer that is safe enough to be used even on puppies and kittens. Works wonderfully. Just remember you need to treat all area of the home as well, or you may never rid yourself of this dreaded pest. I have also heard that 20 mule team Borax sprinkled to affected areas around your home, leave it to sit for a period of time then vacuum it up, helps as well. (10/04/2007)

By Meredith NH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Pest Control LiceJuly 21, 2009
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 10:29:31 PM on 10.0.1.182 in 286 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.