Making Dish Soap from Octagon Bar Soap

Where do I find Octagon soap for "homemade hand dishwashing soap recipe"? Is it in the bath soap section or the laundry soap section at Wal-Mart?

By Yvonne

Oddly enough I've found it at our dollar store. Maybe you could call a few stores in your area ahead of time,asking if they carry Octagon bars.I've also purchased it through: I love it for a pre-treating stains for laundry.

I made my mom laugh when I showed her my new "discovery". I found it in my local grocery store, I buy no less than 10 bars at a time (at 79 cents ea.). I grate it into a glass jar then add boiling water. Let cool then shake and pour. Wonder and grease free.

September 30, 2010 Flag

Can Octagon bar soap be made into a liquid dish soap without adding any harsh ingredients? It is great at the kitchen sink and would be even better if I could use it in a pump bottle. It doesn't crack my fingertips like the store-bought liquids do, cleans greasy things, and smells nice, too.

Pink from Annapolis, MD

Making Dish Soap from Octagon Bar Soap

I've never made it into a liquid. I usually grate a bar and keep it in a container to sprinkle into the dish pan. (03/12/2008)

By Patti

Homemade Dish Soap Recipes, Man Washing Dishes
Homemade Dish Soap Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes DishesSeptember 30, 2010
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Buying Octagon Soap
Buying Octagon Soap