Getting Rid of Giardia Parasites in Yard

How do I rid my soil of parasites? My puppy contracted giardia and my yard is the only place she's been.

By hoyerl from MI

Isn't giardia usually acquired via infected water? I didn't know it could be in soil, which would infect a puddle of course. If you have more information, I'd like to know more; my sis in law got it and was quite ill.

This link explains a lot about giardia and how an animal can get it; the most popular being contaminated water and eating feces. Near the bottom of the page, there's significantly more information that might be what you are needing to find out for treatment.

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/giardia.htm

Do you have a tropical fish tank and empty water into the yard? I know of a child who contracted Giardia after taking a bath in the tub where the fish tank was emptied--

Giardia is a tropical parisite-so this is an interesting case to all of us Lab people

Correction

Giardia canis is what infects DOGs, Giardia lamblia is what infects people

Pets HealthAugust 6, 2009
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄