Getting Rid of Clogged Pores

How do I get rid of large, clogged pores? Please help. Thanks.

By mkm1enonly from Whitesville, WV

In "search for answers" box at the top, type

Controlling Large Pores and Blackheads

You'll find several other posts you can click on and read the feedback ideas on them.

Google aspirin masks.

I use a watered down version of hydrochloric acid, the same stuff in your stomach, it tightens pores & disinfects broken skin, but before I learned about this stuff, I used a watered down version of white vinegar & water as an astringent. I started with a 10% mix, ie: 1 tsp vinegar & 9 tsp of water. After a while you can get it up to 50%. Doing a little stronger mix each time I mixed it. After cleaning your face with soap, wash & rinse with warm water. Dry well & get all the pimples or blackheads out, then use the vinegar mix & let dry. At first the fumes kind of sting the eyes, but after a while you don't feel it anymore. You can also use this to freshen up your skin between washings. Soak a piece of cotton or tissue with the mix & wipe face & let dry. It dries clean & no smell after it's dry. I found out this by accident. I've always had acne & adult acne. This is amazing & I noticed after a while, the pimples dried up & didn't come back & that my pores were smaller. It's cheap, easy & works great. If you dab straight vinegar on pimples, it works even better.

Beware acid on the skin! I was a skin care specialist before I got meningitis and ended up crippled. There are a lot of things that temporsrily shrink pores, but eat your skin in the long run. First, do not use soap, as it is the wrong PH for your skin. Choose a cream based cleanser (oil cuts oil) and add a bit of sugar daily. Sugar will not get stuck in pores the way walnut shells, aspirin residue and other commercial grit will, it rinses away. Use witch hazel preparation and follow with appropriate moisturizer. Even if skin is oily, scrubbing with soap strips skin and makes it produce more oil. Use a clay based mask 2-3 times a week and do not pick. If you do pick, pores will start to stay open. If you feel you must pick, soak pores open with steam or a hot face cloth and promptly use witch hazel to close them.

Baking soda and water makes a mild scrub. Cetaphil and the generics of it make a mild cleanser. You can rub witch hazel on and let it dry as a toner, and use plain old generic milk of magnesia swabbed on in a thin layer as a mask. Then rinse it off with a cool wet wash cloth.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJuly 12, 2009
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
A woman with a pore strip on her nose.
Reducing the Appearance of Large Pores