Broomstick Shirts Too Large

I made the mistake of lightly ironing two broomstick shirts which made them too large. I have tried shrinking them in the washer and dryer with no success. Please help! Thanks!

Melissia from Baton Rouge, LA

Get the shirt wet and roll it into a log. Twist the log tightly and tie a few times or insert into a pantyhose leg

to hold the twists in place. Toss the log into the dryer. The fabric should hold the twists in. You will probably want some other items in the dryer.

You might try this. Wet the skirt thoroughly. Twist tightly all the way down. (I tuck the waist area in a drawer to secure it for twisting.) Put rubber bands at intervals to keep tightly twisted. Put the twisted skirt into a leg of a panty hose if you wish and put in the dryer or air dry, which takes much longer. I hope this works for you

Thank you so much for all the help! It's sincerely appreciated! I plan to try it ASAP! Again, thanks so much!! Melissia

When you wash your skirts them roll them when they are still slightly damp and let them dry. Roll them side to side not top to bottom. This may help.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJuly 19, 2007
Applying Ink
Custom Homemade Screen Printed T-Shirts
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
fabric paint
Making Painted Shirts
Making a Crochet Broomstick Santa
Making a Crochet Broomstick Santa