Send Real Cards Instead Of E-Cards

Last week was Valentine's Day. I received several email cards, but not one real "put my hands on" card in the mail box, which made me to think about email causing us to receive less hand written cards and what ever happened to letters.

I did a search on Google.com typing in inexpensive writing paper and cards, and was surprised to see all the different options out there to get some inexpensive writing materials. I have also picked up cards and paper at garage sales for next to nothing.

Let's bring back more hand written cards and letters, it doesn't even have to be a holiday or special occasion, to drop a handwritten note in the mail for someone to have the joy of knowing you thought of them. I have letters and cards I have saved over the years in a rather large hatbox.

When I have a day when I am missing my out of town family and friends, I get the hatbox down and read the cards and letters again. I watch for cards on sale when I shop. Next time you think about emailing a card or letter, get out one of your nicest pens and hand write it instead.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

We had a Valentine's day swap in our newsgroup. It was great fun. I got 12 valentines! I even sent out an extra one for a lady who couldn't afford to be in it. I just love cards. I collect postcards. I think the online cards just aren't as fun! If i had your address, i'd send you a card! LOL. HUGS, Judy

Here Here! And how about writing thank you notes and RSVPing when asked too! I never really thought that much about it until the last few years and waiting for rsvp's or thank yous. We've become a behind the computer rude society!

I like to put small gifts inside cards for birthdays, etc. - or as a token against a larger gift that I will hand deliver later. I collect little items like pieces of jewelry - keychains, and other small things throughout the year for this purpose....

I agree that cards can be lovely keepsakes.However, now that I have become aware of the real need to reduce the use of those products that deplete our forests and thus our green spaces, I have to believe that "real" cards can become a problem if we are not careful. I do believe an e-card for condolence is not good. I also feel that a special card for a spouse or parent/child may be appropriate for Valentine's Day or a birthday. But why not simply save e-cards on a disk? The sentiment will still be there when you read it, but it will not become clutter in your home nor will it deplete our woodlands even more.

I agree with you Bobby about sending cards, and I send them all the time to people. I love it !!!! I think it makes people feel more like they are special when we take the time to send them a real card. I could even send you one if I had your address, I love sending them to people, especially older people that doesn't get very much mail at all,seems to make their day.

Hope everyone has a good day, and send someone a REAL card.....

Teresa from Va.

I agree with Bobbie. I like to make my own cards and my family and friends tell me how much they appreciate the time and thought that go into the cards I send them.

If the person is computer linked, I also send an ecard.

I have to agree, but I'm also lazy sometimes :). When in a hurry I found a site that is kind of a "middle ground" for me.

(http://thecardchest.com/)

I mean it is ecards, but they also look like real cards and I can put a signature on them that I make myself so that is close right? heh.

Better Living FriendshipFebruary 21, 2007
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter
real estate agent
Selecting a Real Estate Agent
Sheepskin
Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin
🎄