Removing Cola Stains from Carpet

My partner and I are house sitting and spilled L.A. Cola on a white carpet. It was quite large the spill, and unfortunately it has stained. We are stuck as to what to do to get the stain out before they come home on Sunday. Please help.

By kat222 from N.S.W

What I use on a stain is "Mean Green" in the green and white bottle. This stuff has removed lipstick, blood and oil stains for me on my clothes and marks on my carpets. The trick is to let the stain dry before applying the mean green. Depending on the fibre of the carpet it should work well. If you still see a stain after scrubbing and rinsing with mean green then use some tide on the area. Always works for me.

Thank you for that I will give it a sow it goes shot and let you know how it goes :-)

Know this product is supposed to be just for laundry, but Oxy Clean Laundry Stain Remover ( in a blue spray bottle , located near the laundry detergent at the grocery store) is something I've also used on carpeting, furniture upholstery--and I swear this stuff gets anything out.

I dampen the area with lukewarm water, spray the stuff on and let it sit about ten minutes and rinse and sponge it off. If the stain isn't completely gone, go at it with another application of it and either a small utility brush ( have used a nail brush, too!) and repeat the process.

All my kids are grown and gone, but the DH and the big dog are still keeping me plenty busy with the messes they make, and this stuff has worked for me. Good luck tackling the job!

Get a Shark Steamer (or any brand of jet steamer) and use plain tap water. Even a set in and dried stain that's been there a while will come up right away. Then simply put a folded towel over it and stand on it to bring up as much water as you can. After doing this then use you hand to swipe across the fibers to get them to stand up and let it air dry (takes about 3-4 hours to dry completely). There will be no sign whatsoever of your accident!

Plain old tonic water works great for wine stains on carpet. Perhaps it will work for cola also. The most important think is to NOT RUB, but BLOT it with a clean white cloth or white paper towels. Again, DO NOT RUB, BLOT. Takes a little patients, but it works. Good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetAugust 4, 2009
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄
🍂