Cleaning a Leather Tiganello Purse

I have a Tignanello light brown purse that is genuine leather. How do you clean ball point pen marks off?

Catherine from Eugene, OR

Best Answer

Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will remove ink from just about anything, including leather. But, it is drying to leather so, it may be a good idea to mink oil or otherwise treat the leather when you're done.

Best Answer

If you want the purse to be worth something don't do anything to it. Trust me, I had an old lamp my great grandmother got for her 16th birthday party. Me living across the road from an antique dealer went and showed him how I got it all cleaned up and ready for sale. He said you can't sell that now. The dirty looking old made it be an antique. So please be careful and see an antique dealer first. Good luck.

Cleaning a Leather Purse
Cleaning a Leather Purse
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 28, 2008
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather