Heartburn Remedies

I need a remedy for instant relief from heartburn. My husband has been suffering from chest spasms all evening?

By Jeanette from south of San Antonio, TX

I have a book here that has a tea recipe for heart burn. Never tried it but here you go.

Ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 tsp grated licorice root, 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger, 1 tsp dried chamomile

1 - In a small pan, bring the water to a boil. Add the licorice and the ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add chamomile. Cover and steep for 10 minutes.

2- Strain into a teacup and drink.

Are you sure it is just heartburn, and not his heart? (God forbid)

When you said "spasm". It threw up a red flag for me

That man needs to be checked out by a physician immediately. Don't wait please. This could be very serious and life threatening. You at least will feel relieved if they find out it is just heart burn and probably put him on previcid. That has helped me, I take it every day. God Bless, Connie

This is one of the signs of heart attack. I knew a man who was taken to the emergency room for indigestion and he died. It was a heart attack.

This isn't exactly natural but it has worked for me for years. Once you are sure it is not his heart, have him slowly sip a Pepsi. Coke won't work. The Pepsi should not be guzzeled. Just a sip then wait. Then another sip. You will be amazed. I don't get it often but I always have a can of Pepsi on the shelf in case I need it.

I hope you have him see his doctor. Did you know not all heart attacks have "warning" signs? This is very true for women. When in doubt, check it out! My step father had a "little" heartburn, and would drink milk to make him feel better. He had a heart attack and died while on a cross country vacation with my mother. Not a happy ending to their dream trip!

I drink buttermilk, yup. Just plain milk causes heartburn or reflux, but a small buttermilk just before bed helps me.

Check into hydrochloric acid (HCl). Heartburn comes from too much gastrin & not enough HCl. Gastrin & histamine gets over produced to get the stomach to produce enough HCl. When there is something slowing down production of HCl, the stomach keeps producing gastrin & or histamine in the attempt to get more HCl made. Age is one reason for less production, there are others.

Do not confuse betaine hydrochloride & HCl, they are not the same thing, no matter what info is out there. When I have upset, nausea, heartburn, anything to do with the stomach, HCl stops it right now. After I swallow it, it takes about 5-20 minutes to stop whatever is going on.

Please let us know of his outcome. My husband came home from work back in August, not feeling good, sour stomach, chest pains, although one of his symptoms was pains down his arms. We went to the ER and he indeed had a heart attack. He is fine! The Lord is good! However, this being said. I hope it was just heartburn.

My quick fix is a slice of honeydew melon. Works immediately, but I have not suffered with it since I have eased off of fats oils & sugar, hope this helps.

Thank you all for your responses. In the peak of the heartburn, my husband tried the antacids, then a 7-Up, and he felt somewhat better before bed. He has had heart surgery / bypass about 5 years ago, so naturally, this was my concern, too. However, he describes the heartburn / spasms as a different hurt. Coming from his esophagus, if that makes sense. Anyway, we scheduled a scope with his Gastro Dr. asap. The dr. confirmed that his hiatal hernia was somewhat inflamed, but that most likely he was suffering from what is commonly called "Nutcracker" spasms. He is scheduled for an additional test; supposedly there is a simple pill for under the tongue when this happens again. Also, he changed his meds from the Aciphex that he had been taking for years to a different one which is working well so far. Again, thank you for all your suggestions. Will keep them in mind...esp. in case I ever need the help for myself! JJ

Home Remedies for Heartburn
Home Remedies for Heartburn
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 7, 2010
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
A spoon of baking soda for use as an antacid
Homemade Antacid Recipe
🎉
🎄