Discount Satellite TV and Internet for Senior Citizens - Categories:

General AdviceConsumer Advice

Discount Satellite TV and Internet for Senior Citizens

I live in rural Missouri and I have not had TV since it went digital and I am on dial-up internet. Is there any satellite TV available out there that has a discount for senior citizens? I cannot afford what is out there.

By Marietta

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

They did have discounts on converter boxes when TV went digital; maybe there are still discounts out there. Or the converter boxes themselves are not really expensive, & would be the cheapest way to go.

I'm also a senior and I haven't found any place that will give senior discounts on TV and internet. You can get a cheaper rate on phone service but you have to be dirt poor and practically have no assets. These companies have a monopoly and can charge what they want. Very reason they need to be regulated but that's a whole new (political) story.

You can join freecycle and ask for a converter box. That's how I was able to get mine. I am on disability and also was without tv after they converted it over. I asked for a converter box on freecycle, and received one! It was the second time i asked, but I did get it.

If you are unfamiliar with freecycle, it is a site where people give away items instead of throwing them out and ending up in the landfill. It is amazing what is given away! I got a computer off there too! Just go to freecycle.org and sign up!

Good luck to you

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 8, 2011
Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping
Saving Money as a Senior Citizen
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 12:15:42 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.