Discount Satellite TV and Internet for Senior Citizens

I live in rural Missouri and I have not had TV since it went digital and I am on dial-up internet. Is there any satellite TV available out there that has a discount for senior citizens? I cannot afford what is out there.

By Marietta

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

They did have discounts on converter boxes when TV went digital; maybe there are still discounts out there. Or the converter boxes themselves are not really expensive, & would be the cheapest way to go.

I'm also a senior and I haven't found any place that will give senior discounts on TV and internet. You can get a cheaper rate on phone service but you have to be dirt poor and practically have no assets. These companies have a monopoly and can charge what they want. Very reason they need to be regulated but that's a whole new (political) story.

You can join freecycle and ask for a converter box. That's how I was able to get mine. I am on disability and also was without tv after they converted it over. I asked for a converter box on freecycle, and received one! It was the second time i asked, but I did get it.

If you are unfamiliar with freecycle, it is a site where people give away items instead of throwing them out and ending up in the landfill. It is amazing what is given away! I got a computer off there too! Just go to freecycle.org and sign up!

Good luck to you

Answer

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 8, 2011
Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping
Saving Money as a Senior Citizen
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 5:37:45 AM on 10.0.1.243 in 338 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.